Sunday, April 27, 2014

Tobacco Brown Notepad Holder Day 1

My Saddleback Leather tobacco brown medium notepad holder arrived and this thing is a beast!  I actually have a meeting tomorrow night and I can't wait to bring this bad boy out.


It is not as stiff as I thought it would be which is a plus I was afraid there would be a really long break in time.  This piece to date is the largest that I received from Saddleback leather. I was hoping to see some great scaring and I was not disappointed.  You can see below that the later patches are actually calluses.  There are also some great scars that run almost the entire width of the notepad holder.


The scar below actually runs right through the stitching which I think is a neat touch.


I was pleasantly surprised that the interior was not as tight as I had imagined. The notepad easily slid in and the other pockets or easily filled.  There were also some great bug bites on the pigskin lining.



I like that there's plenty of space in the middle which means I can stuff this thing for papers if I need to.


There is some imprinting from the stitching on the left side imprinted on the right side, but this will not likely be a huge issue because once you slide the notepad in it won't be resting against itself.


Loose papers of particular importance on the left and my notepad on the right the ability to fit probably two pens, one in from the top and another one in from the bottom.


Having a nice soft surface to write on is phenomenal?  There is a great soft neoprene feeling material between the pigskin and the leather on the two main panels so that he gives your writing a nice comfortable cushion and really allows the ink to sit nicely on the paper you're not just writing one the letter there's a nice soft cution almost like you would see in a desk pad that really makes this a joy work with.  This pad is not on the spine, I believe so it is easier to open and close.  You can see a slight rise in the pigskin where this pad is.


The copper rivet is very shiny for now, and a really nice touch.


I have a conference for work coming up in about two weeks I am so excited to break this thing out and really put it through its paces at the conference.  I will report back more once I used it a little bit more and can attest to the functionality of the notepad holder.  So these are my initial thoughts on the Saddleback Leather notepad holder and this is "The Life Of My Leather" medium tobacco brown notepad holder addition Day 1.  


No comments:

Post a Comment