Thursday, April 24, 2014

Tobacco Brown Wallet Week 3

Week three has come and gone and my wallet is holding up great.  My wife accidentally spilled some breastmilk on the wallet so I decided to use some Chamberlin leather milk liniment to clean the wallet. It did darken up considerably after the cleaning and the breast milk stain came out rather easily.  The wallet is now able to hold the full 18 cards as advertised on the website it did not take very long for the card slots to stretchout enough to accommodate that many cards.  On the inside of the wallet the threads from the card slots are printing on the leather and darkening it slightly under the threads on the opposite side as seen below.

Other markings from the wallet rubbing against itself while in my pocket are now also visible on the inside.

There is a good bit of edge wear on the outside of the stitching along the edge of the leather.  It's darkening, smoothing out, and really adds a nice accent to the wallet and I can't wait until the entire edge is darkened in this way.

I am a little disappointed that the bug bites are no longer as prominent since using the chamberlains leather milk. They are still really nice, however they don't stand out as much as they used to which is to be expected. I'm not sure if the wallet will lighten up again but time will tell.



You can see more pronounced vertical stretch marks in the wallet as it begins to break in on the front as shown above and on the back as shown below.

The wallet is in a way bunching up at the bottom where the wallet folds.  The money compartment is still a little tight and I'm hoping that this breaks and with time.

There is some great texture starting to appear on the wallet at the top of where the wallet folds.  This seems to be a high stress area so the more I use it I believe the texture will continue to develop I am interested to see what will happen after I use the chamberlains leather milk again. I'm not sure if this
 texture will buff out or if it's there to stay. I'm hoping it's here to stay.
So that's the update on The life of my leather, medium tobacco brown wallet edition.  

I have an extra large classic briefcase also in Tobacco Brown, but my wife says I can't have it until Father's Day.  It's my first Fathers Day ever and my wife gave me the best present ever (my daughter) and the second best present ever (my XL Classic) that I can't wait to lay eyes on.  She already told me there is some sweet scarring on the bag! I also ordered a medium notepad holder and that should be arriving tomorrow I will update the blog and post pics of that as I start day one in the life of my leather medium notebook holder edition tomorrow.



1 comment: